Coats and Casino
KidSport is looking for a volunteer to work at a casino on Monday, December 8th- 6:30pm-1am. This organization
helps pay sport costs for kids who might otherwise not have a chance to play. If you can help please contact
Tammy @ 403-586-8151
There are a couple extra DMHA jackets if anyone is interested.
We have a ladies large jacket - style Bryce with logo on chest. $130
And we have a youth large Bauer midweight with logo on chest and name can be added on the back yoke. $68
Please contact Tammy if you are interested. 403-586-8151
Posted on 12/07/2014
Gatorade is not allowed in water bottles during games, due to staining of the jerseys - WATER ONLY IN WATER BOTTLES.
Thanks for your understanding.
DMHA Board of Volunteers
Posted on 11/24/2014
Good morning everybody, now that the season has begun and most things have been organized for the year, we would like to remind everybody of a few things.
1. There are RESPECT signs around arena, stop and take a look, read them and consider their message.
2. If you have a grievance that you think should be escalated to the board level and a formal investigation should follow, please send it through email to Greivance@didsburyminorhockey.com
3. If you have a complaint or concern regarding your child’s hockey season please wait the appropriate 24hrs, if it is still something that you feel needs to be addressed please go to your manager and they can address your concerns or pass it to the appropriate member.
4. Volunteer Board members are not to be approached in the arena or any other public setting and harassed regarding your concern with the your child’s activity. If you need to speak to a certain board member regarding Minor Hockey please respect their time spent with their own children and their children’s activity and email them to request a meeting at their convenience or request an audience at the next board meeting.
5. If you have a problem with the evaluation process or your child's position after the evaluation process and, after the 24hr period, feel the need for it to be addressed or reviewed please email Evaluations@didsburyminorhockey.com and a Volunteer Board member will get back to you regarding your concern.
6. Most Importantly, let your kids have fun, encourage FAIR and RESPECTFUL play, appreciate our youthful Coaches and Officials, and support the Managers, Coaches, Board Volunteers as they are spending the effort to supply your children with an organized, high energy, exciting activity that not only builds young hockey players but provides our community with respectable young people that learn to contribute back to the community in which they reside.
Thank you for your attention regarding this matter
DMHA Board of Volunteers
Posted on 11/10/2014
Attached to this email is a Parent’s Pledge. Before the “Respect in Sport” program this was required to be signed by every parent of every player in DMHA. It is the feeling of the board that some of the parents of players in this association have strayed from the intent of the “Respect in Sport” program and that an annual reminder needs to be re-established, mainly the treatment of board members, managers and coaches by parents, coaches and managers. Remember that this is a game for your children and that everybody involved in organizing this activity is a volunteer and is doing their best to create a positive experience for your child. So please print and sign the attached form and hand it back into your manager by November 15, 2014.
Any members that violate this pledge will be subject to action from the DMHA board, actions could include suspension from your child’s hockey activities or all DMHA events.
Thank you for your consideration regarding this matter.
DMHA Board of Volunteers
DMHA Parents Pledge
Posted on 11/07/2014
KidSport is an organization that provides support to kids 18 years of age and under to help remove the financial barriers that prevent them from participating in organized sport programs. For more information check the website
KidSport has a new equipment bank where players can receive new and refurbished equipment at no cost. For more information please call 403-335-8268
Posted on 10/07/2014
Can Power Skate
CAN POWER Skate :
is an action-packed, high energy instructional power skating program geared to hockey skaters that focuses on balance, power, agility, speed and endurance. Skills, techniques and conditioning drills are taught in a progressive format that emphasizes how the skills apply to skaters and game situations.
Mondays 4:30- 5:15 pm
FULL SEASON (Oct 6- March9)
$ 240 No Fundraising
HALF SEASON (Oct 6- Dec 15 and Jan 5- March 9)
$140 No Fundraising
***Come try our CanPower program
October 6 & 20 for drop in fee of $10
(must sign up in advance)
For more information and registration forms:
Coach Llonda Leaver: 403-337-3049
Posted on 09/29/2014
Free Bauer Helmet for 2009 born players
Hockey season is just around the corner! In the last 3 years Chevrolet has given out over 35,000 hockey helmets and are about to do it again. Children born in 2009 who are registered in a Canadian Minor League Hockey Association are eligible to receive a free Bauer youth hockey helmet. Registration opens in mid-August for the 2014/2015 hockey season. > https://www.safeandfunhockey.ca/en
Posted on 08/06/2014
Please welcome our new 2014/2015 board. We are still in need of filling the fundraising position. This position entails organizing our Fall fundraiser, and looking into other avenues that will help support DMHA. Please contact a current board member or reply to this email if you are interested.
President: Dionne Blatz
Vice President: Ryan Sloan
Secretary: Krista Pick
Treasurer: Tara Fifield
2 & 27 Rep: Kelvin Knutson
50/50 Rep: Llonda Leaver (unchanged)
Coach in Chief: Devon Bernard
Equipment Manager: Cory Fifield
Ice Scheduler: Brooke Mierke
CAHL Rep: Ryan Mierke
CAHL Governor: Cam Campbell
Ref Assignor: Tracey Knutson
Ref in Chief: Kelvin Knutson
Media: Andrea Sawatzky
Registrar: Tracey Knutson
Posted on 04/24/2014
You may register online now for the 2014/2015 season. Please go to our website didsburyminorhockey.com and go to "registrations." Please remember to register before August 1st to avoid any late fees. If you have any questions please contact Andrea @ email@example.com
Posted on 03/27/2014
Wondering what kind of coaching certificates you need for your level? Check here to find out!http://hockeyalberta.ca/index.php/ci_id/94508/la_id/1.htm
Posted on 11/03/2012
Help with Hockey Expenses
Having a son or daughter in minor hockey is expensive. There are organizations that can help, Canadian Tire's Jump Start and Kidsport.
Information on Jump Start can be found at http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/. Kidsport applications are available at the front entrance of the arena on the wire display rack.
Posted on 10/24/2011