Pre-Hockey Program- A Program for Boys and Girls ages 3 - 4 years old that are potty-trained. It will allow kids to learn and experience the sport of hockey at a young age. This is a Parent coached program as is all our programs in Didsbury Minor Hockey. Parents that are interested in assisting with this are to fill out the Coach Application here. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdXE-IqZ2W4YCbwL0Rjc5W4iYSLaDT7t95RGQkM5-o77GYW3g/viewform?usp=pp_url
U7 (Timbit/Tyke/Initiation) Program- Teams made up of 5 and 6 year olds that play half ice hockey and the main focus is on Development. U7 plays in the 2&27 League which is made of towns in the Mountain View County including Crossfield. See more information from Hockey Alberta here https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/players/intro-hockey/
U9 (Novice) Program- Teams made up of 7 and 8 year olds that play half ice hockey and the main focus is on Development. See Hockey Alberta description here https://www.hockeyalberta.ca/players/intro-hockey/
U11 (Atom) Program- Teams made up of 9 and 10 year olds that play full ice Hockey and is part of the Central Alberta Hockey League (CAHL). CAHL tries to keep travel reasonable for families.
*For financial assistance please apply for funding through Kid Sport. Or to set up a payment plan please contact our registrar.
Refunds- pulled from our Bylaws Should a member withdrawal from the Association during the regular hockey season, the Board shall have the discretion to refund a portion of monies paid. Should the Board determine that a refund is warranted, the following guidelines will be followed:
1. Requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Registrar of the Didsbury Minor Hockey Association.
2. After registration, and prior to the commencement of the first category of player evaluations or first practice, all fees, including registration fees, will be refunded in full minus a $50 administration fee.
3. After this a refund will be given based on the following:
Month of Withdrawal % of Fees Reimbursed (less carding fees paid by DMHA)
September 75% of Program Cost
October 60% of Program Cost
November 45% of Program cost
December 30% of Program Cost
January 15% of Program Cost
4. All fee's, will be refunded in full for players who show proof of active Membership (including, but not limited to, a signed "Permission to Play") with another Minor Hockey Association and transfer to that organization in September or October of the season.
5. No refund will be given for withdrawlas after January 10.
Conditioning Camp Dates and info
*** There will be Conditioning Camp for the 2021/22 Hockey Season. This is optional for U9 and U11 Players***
Conditioning Camp $100
Conditioning Camp Dates - TBA
Tournament dates and info
**We will keep this up to date as things change with COVID**
Didsbury Minor Hockey Association hosts up to four tournaments a year.
- Our 3 on 3 tournament with U9 and U11 divisions in September
- U11 Tournament in November
- U9 in January
- U7 on Family Day in February
Dates to be announced for 2021/22 Hockey Season
- 3on3 Tournament - September 2021
- Atom Tournament- November 2021
- Novice Tournament TBD
- Tyke Tournament- TBD
2021/22 Hockey Season Picture Night
Jersey Sponsorship - 2019/20 Pricing $500 per team, gets your company name on all the players home and away jerseys.
Half Ice Board Sponsorship - $150 Sponsorship plus signage cost
2019/20 Sign Pricing from Lygas Co.
- 2’ x 4’ sign on one side = $100,
- 2’ x 4’ on both sides of the boards = $150,
- 3’ x 6’ one side = $175,
- 3’ x 6’ both sides of the boards = $300
Tournament Sponsorship/Donor - TBD